Go and Grow as an Aspiring Author
The Green Writer is an audacious invitation to writers who aspire to create and share good stories. With motivation, inspiration, and instruction, author S. D. Smith invites writers to launch into their writing adventure with confidence and competence.
The aim of this course is to become a Green Writer, one who is going and growing.
We Are GOING: Green light! We’re not waiting for the perfect timing, or for permission, or until we’re no longer afraid. We are going!
We are GROWING: Like a green, living thing. We aren’t yet what we will be. We are in process, which means we need grace and gumption. We are growing!
Twelve accessible sessions that will inspire and equip your aspiring author!
FREE Preview: 3 Full Sessions
- START HERE: Introduction
- Lesson 1: Green Means Go (7:24)
- Lesson 2: The Most Important Thing About the Beginning of a Story (11:51)
- Lesson 3: Where Do You Get Your Ideas? A Garden of Stars (5:17)
- Lesson 4: Write What [FOR WHO] You Know (4:30)
- Lesson 5: Get Good at Being Bad (5:08)
- Lesson 6: Long Cuts and Short Stories: Stop Planning and Researching and Start Finishing (6:24)
- Lesson 7: Grab Your Reader! How to Make Your First Words so Good They won’t be the Last Ones They Read (8:25)
- Lesson 8: A Toolbox Full of Words: Descriptions to Keep Handy (5:57)
- Lesson 9: Memorable Middles: How to Master the Middle Sections of Stories (7:09)
- Lesson 10: “He Said,” She Said: Dialogue that Works (7:08)
- Lesson 11: The End of the Story: Feelings, Story Types, and the Time Travel Trick (9:06)
- Lesson 12: Green Means Alive and Growing (7:35)
- Lesson 13: Bonus Session: You Are What You Read (5:44)
About S. D. Smith
S. D. Smith is the author of The Green Ember Series, a bestselling middle-grade adventure saga. The Green Ember has reached hundreds of thousands of readers and spent time as the number one bestselling audiobook in the world on Audible. Smith’s stories are captivating readers across the globe who are hungry for “new stories with an old soul.” Enthusiastic families can’t get enough of these tales.
Vintage adventure. Moral imagination. Classic virtue. Finally, stories we all love. Just one more chapter, please!
When he’s not writing adventurous tales of #RabbitsWithSwords in his writing shed, dubbed The Forge, Smith loves to speak to audiences about storytelling, imagination, and seeing yourself as a character in the Story.
S. D. Smith lives in West Virginia with his wife and four kids.